Thursday, March 6, 2008

buy me some peanuts

Oh man. This photo ran in Sports Illustrated awhile back. I love the little kid in the middle, seemingly oblivious to everything going on around her. One lady snacks on popcorn, another shields herself with a paper plate of nachos. The old lady by the little kid takes care not to spill her beer while the dude in the top right, beer in hand, watches calmly as the guy in the green shirt takes it on the chin. Some people might see this and say "I'd put myself in front of the child." Really though, when something like this happens you don't have time to think. You react on pure instinct. I think that that instinct, more often than not, is to protect yourself.

LISTEN TO HARRY CARAY

1 comment:

Elizabeth Slater said...

Your counter works! I just tested it.