Friday, April 20, 2007

we all belong

Check it: there is a dude I work with who looks like Kip Dynamite and acts like Dwight Shrute. He is ripe for to make fun. I could tell stories for hours, nay days, about this dude and his quirks but something just happened that seriously made my day. Ok, so I'm blogging at work but I'd probably forget this if I didn't get it down now.
He's here in my office zone, talking about God-knows-what, when he offers this bit of advice: "Like Yoda said, 'there is no try, only do.'" I repeat the quote in the crappiest Yoda voice I can muster in the hope that it will incite him to do the same and thereby provide me with more fodder for future chuckles. By the way, recounting these incidents, both in my head and for others in the office, is a major source of amusement. Ok, so he comes back with his Yoda voice and it's seriously spot-on. His dedication to the delivery was hilarious. I'm stifling a smile as I tell him how good his impression was. Now he's beaming and clearly proud of himself; it's as if I just gave him the greatest compliment ever, the highest praise and the recognition he so desperately craved and, moreover, deserved after years of honing his craft. He thanked me graciously and told me that I too could gain this exceptional talent through "practice, practice, practice."
Wow, I just read that back to myself and it sounds like I'm really making fun of him. He's not a bad dude, just kind of quirky. Plus, he never fails to make me laugh [at his expense, though].
LISTEN TO THE LIBERTINES' WHAT A WASTER. HELL, LISTEN TO THE WHOLE DAMN ALBUM.

No comments: