Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Oh! Sweet Nuthin'

I saw an advertisement today for "collage scholarships." Clearly, people need "collage degrees" these days more than ever. A high school diploma may be the end of the educational road for some, but it seems even that doesn't guarantee against silly spelling errors.
And former Beatle Paul McCartney just got signed to Starbucks' new music label.
So if somebody calls someone at the firm where I work and they aren't near their phone, they get paged over a loudspeaker. This is the name I heard being repeated throughout the office: Greg Hunt. The way the lady annunciated the syllables made it sound really bad. Think about that. It was bad.
Oh yeah, and I got to listen to some heated jock talk. Three dudes shouting at each other and trying to assert themselves. Interruptions, wild hand gestures and lots of back and forth type stuff. In the end, they realized that they were all trying to convince each other of the same thing, but it took about 15-20 minutes of yelling at each other (and harshing everyone within earshot) to reach that point. Sadly, it reminded me of me and my friends talking about rock music. Pointless arguing.
Ah well, such is life. Is that c'est la vie? or something?
KEEP A CLEAN NOSE, WATCH THE PLAIN CLOTHES

2 comments:

Elizabeth Slater said...

collage degrees for to spell words like "enunciated."
irony is wicked.

B.Rem said...

oops. she got me.