Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Voodoo Child


Life is hard.  If it wasn’t, it wouldn’t mean as much. 

Looking forward, I have a number of things on the horizon that will test me and try me.  The long road ahead is daunting, full of challenges and obstacles. We all face them but, it's too easy to feel intimidated. 

I liken my journey to climbing a mountain, a feat of strength, endurance, courage and resolve.  And listening to iTunes last night, shuffling all 8,600+ songs in my library, I got a stiff shot of confidence when JimJam Hendrix's 1968 tune was serendipitously selected and played back at me.  

I found myself stiffening, narrowing my eyes and pulling a mean face.  A sense of focus and determination came over me as I felt the tone of the song and the spirit of Jimi.  Like him, I'm standing next to a mountain, and I'll chop it down with the edge of my hand. 

Thassum badass sheet.  Bring it, future.

No comments: