Tuesday, November 11, 2008

all I have to do is dream

I don’t really put much stock in the dream world. I don’t really buy into the kind of analysis that tells us what dreams may mean either. The other night however, and this was right before the election, I had a telling dream that hinted at the changing of the political guard. Whether or not my dream had anything to do with recent events is, of course, totally debatable. Either way, the coincidence is noteworthy.

Perhaps signaling the departure of a Republican from the Oval Office, the dream showed the death of a baby elephant. And while I’m glad to see Bush’s reign come to an end, I admit that the dream was a total nightmare. I watched helplessly as a giant snake deliberately constricted the little elephant, squeezing its poop and guts out its butt and causing white junk to leak out its pores like the agonizing popping of a thousand zits. The poor pachyderm moaned pitifully as his eyes bulged and color changed from a healthy grey to a hideous, lifeless grey. It was a slow death, disturbing and deeply troubling, met with little resistance.

So if I’m to take the death of the elephant as symbolic of the Republican party’s descent into the minority and ultimate decline in power, then what does the snake represent? Certainly not Obama and my fellow Democrats, right? Right?

LISTEN TO THE EVERLY BROTHERS

No comments: