Friday, January 4, 2008

pee largo

A new year! I spent the last part of 2007 and the first part of 2008 in sunny Florida where I got to test the waters of the Atlantic and put on my grown-up face for some discerning grandparents. I also had a pretty good hot dog at the airport.

I just read about this dude in New York who was washing windows with another man when their scaffolding gave way. He fell 47 stories and [barely] lived to tell the tale. It's practically a miracle that he's okay. The other guy, his brother, died at the scene. I read that 50% of falls from just 3 stories are fatal and this guy fell from nearly 50 stories! Doctors had to pump about half of his blood capacity back into him, repair a bunch of broken bones and relieve the swelling of his brain. Even though he broke vertebrae, he narrowly avoided significant spinal injury. Doctors are amazed and they're expecting him to walk again and make a full recovery.

No comments: