Wednesday, September 26, 2007

let all my memories be born

What do we hold sacred? Material possessions? Meaningful gifts? Old issues of Thrasher magazine? Fine Irish china? I guess the answers vary from person to person, none more right than the other. I hold memories sacred--I don't ever want to forget anything. And though it seems that the things we don't want to remember are the things we can't forget, I'm content. The older I get, the more memories I make. I fear, however, that with every memory I gain, I forget another. To help me remember, I save photos, writings and other reminders of the past. Someday I'll be hella old and while I may pine for the 'good old days of yore' like any old-timer, I can still revel in my glory days and have a good laugh or share the stories.

No comments: